Today's sermon was about how we need to follow Jesus instead of ourselves or anyone else. One example given was about how this rice farmer guy's paddy kept being drained overnight because his neighbor was stealing water from him to water his own paddy. What he ended up doing was probably pretty much was Jesus would have done...he made sure his neighbor's paddy was watered first, then filled his own. Basically thinking about others' needs before our own. Not a new concept to anyone, I am sure. But it sure hit me right where it counts. These past at least 6 months I have been thinking more and more about how living at Dad's affects me, annoys me, frustrates me, etc. etc. Instead of thinking about how I can serve Dad, how I can make life easier here for him. We have invaded HIS home. We have taken over HIS space. What can I do to make things easier for him? That should be the question I ask myself EVERY SINGLE DAY. And the only way that will EVER happen is through prayer. Clearly I have not brought this to God, because perhaps if I had I would not be where I am now. It just always seemed a silly thing to worry about, to pray about. But it has gotten to a not-so-silly point, a point to where I feel trapped like an animal in my own home sometimes.
But maybe that's how Dad feels, too.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment