Sunday, July 17, 2011
Shrinky Dinks...Terrible Name, Great Craft!
I went over to my friend Becky's house the other day, and she and her sister and all their kids were busy doing Shrinky Dinks. I remember when I was a kid, one year I got glow-in-the-dark Shrinky Dinks for my birthday. They were AWESOME. Now, as a mom who HATES (that might be too gentle a word for it) messy craft projects unless I am the one making the mess, they are even MORE awesome. There is pretty much no mess involved with Shrinky Dinks, and it turns out even I can make cool things with them as well. I had no idea what I was going to make, but I ended up making a pretty fabulous pair of earrings out of said Shrinky Dinks. Aside from the no-mess factor, the other cool thing about them is that they are mostly transparent. If you make one that you like, you can easily trace it onto the other one to make a matching pair. I have now made four pair of really sweet earrings, and am looking forward to making many more. This may turn out to be the best craft discovery of all time for me. Thank you, Becky, for reintroducing me to Shrinky Dinks. Terrible name, great craft. Woot woot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment