when i woke up this morning i had every intention of the day starting off pleasantly. the day, however, did not have the same idea. i am happy to say it ended on a good note; my sweet fina went to bed nicely, and studying with micaiah went extremely well. geography is a wonderful thing. its funny when your almost-nine-year-old knows more world geography than you do...funny but beautiful. looking back on this morning the milk spilled really wasn't a big deal (yes, there was crying over spilled milk going on), the unfinished kindergarten homework can be done tomorrow, and the crabby patty of a penelope is so much easier to deal with than most normal people. i got a reminder of perspective today, too. keeping things in perspective is helpful when it seems you are having a bad day. i found out about someone whose husband left her and their four children, and it really made me almost glad about all the silly "bad" things that happened to me today. i hope, no pray, that fina spilling milk on the couch is one of the worst things that happens to me. even if it happens every five minutes.
"Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am."
Philippians 4:10-13ish, The Message
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment